Tuesday, December 14, 2010

PlentyOfFish or PlentyOfFakes?

Yes I know, the creator of PlentyOfFish has created this online dating world that miraculously lets you find the love of your life right? WRONG!

It's a good idea on his part though, make a website where you can join for free and interact with thousands of people. Too bad this site is full of vindictive women that really don't give two shits about a mans profile.  All they care about is how the man looks, he can be a dick, a womenizer, anything really.  But if he has abs then he's worth talking to.  If you really think about it can we as men blame these women for wanting to be attracted to a man before talking to them?

I think we can!

Let me tell you a little story.

Since I can't mention names on here i'll call this girl I was talking to StupidGirl #1.

I came across her profile and she has been in and out of nasty relationships for the past few years and she is looking for THE ONE to settle down with.  She would like someone who thinks chivalry isn't dead, someone who knows how to treat a lady, and MOST IMPORTANTLY someone who has direction in life.  So i'm thinking to myself, damn StupidGirl #1 wants everything I have.  I got a good job, i love taking care of my lady, i'm way ahead in life for my age.  And I mustn't forget to tell you people that I am above average in the looks department.

So here is how the messages go:
Me: Hi how's it going? Just read your profile and you seem like the type of girl I would normally get along with, and you look great in your pics. I'm wondering if you'd like to chat sometime. Let me know.
StupidGirl #1: Good u? --first off ladies if you aren't going to give a good answer don't fuckin respond....
Me: I'm alright thanks. Just got off work, headin out for dinner right away with some friends.  I find it hard to have a proper conversation on here....do you use msn or anything?
StupidGirl #1: ummm....no thanks i'm not interested.
Me: oh that's cool, i just assumed by reading your profile we'd get along great :)
StupidGirl #1: I guess you were wrong.

At this point i'm pretty annoyed...StupidGirl  #1 is pissing in my ear and telling me it's raining.

Why can't ladies be straight up and tell us the REAL reason they don't want to talk to us?

Are they afraid we might think they are shallow? cold hearted? bitches?

Don't I think that right now though?

Let's hear your comments, and of course stay tuned for the next post, this is just a taste of what's to come.

6 comments:

  1. I wonder if self confessed "above average in the looks department" initially chose "stupid girl #1" based on her witty user name, or charismatic profile?...or could could it be that "above average in the looks department" chose to speak with "stupid girl #1" based on her above average looks as well?

    Could it be that "stupid girl #1" wasn't turned off by "above average in the looks department's" appearance but moreso a knee-jerk reaction to a guy she doesnt know at all, asking if she would rather talk on msn?..Just a thought.

    Plenty of Fish gives people the opportunity to do what is done in everyday life but from convienience of their own home. Who's to say that in the "real world" things would have worked out any different for "above average in teh looks department".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't agree KA. How can you say plentyoffish is exactly the same as dating in everyday life. How do you know you are talking the the hot 25 year old female as opposed to an ugly 79 year old grandpa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. PlentyOfFish is so gay...they deleted my account and don't even tell me why.....what a joke this site is...Markus or whatever his name is takes the power to decide who he wants on his dating site....this is bullshit...i hope facebook comes out with their own dating site and PlentyOfFish gets shut down......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy,
    Obviously I was only referring to what was argued in the last post and I was not generalizing that online dating is exactly the same as "real life" dating. As to your argument; that is the risk you take when you sign up for online dating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. KA is completely correct, it's only natural to attempt to join the dots together between the photos a person has up and what they say about themselves, but what you conclude is not necessarily correct. It's human instinct, based on past experiences, people you know the person might remind you of, you basically see what you want you see. In this instance, what you saw was a woman that you thought you could fulfil the wishes of you which wasn't the case, when she gave you a substandard response, why did you persevere with another message? If she wasn't interested enough to even send a decent reply, surely msn seems like an unlikely step to take.

    She can't be entirely to blame if you didn't partake in some damage limitation.
    Plus, without a shadow of a doubt, if you are "above average looking", there have been women that you have probably "read deleted" the messages of. Pick up your bruised ego, it's the nature of the beast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous,
    I truly enjoyed reading your post. You seem to have a knack for commenting on pieces such as this and appear to have an understanding of human instinct and social networking.
    Looking forward to your next comment.

    ReplyDelete